Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Living in the Moment

Short blog this morning .... something a little different

I have had a life long love affair with the game of tennis, having played competitively and recreationally. After many years of practice I have finally begun to understand the game. Over the last 5 years my game has improved significantly, and even out of shape as I am now, I am playing better than I ever have at my competitive peak. The key learning is to live in the moment, and forget about outcomes. When I was younger, I focused so much on the score, worrying about what people would think if I won or lost. What I learned was that you cannot achieve an outcome if you don't love executing the moments and actions you need to get there.

I have learned to not worry about scores and outcomes. I focus on executing each shot, enjoying a well placed forehand, a good volley, a backhand slice. I can now reach a level of calmness, not having external thoughts and worries, when I play that allows me to perform to my potential which then achieves the outcomes I have so desired.

The learning also applies to the work world. Focusing on your day to day activities, learning to love those and doing the best you can in the moment, is the sure fire way to success. I have been working hard to bring lessons learned from recreation to my day to day business life. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of guy who enjoys to seek fresh stuff. Currently I am manufacturing my hold solar panels. I'm making it all by myself without the aid of my men. I'm utilizing the internet as the only way to acheive that. I saw a truly brilliant website which explains how to build solar panels and so on. The web site explains all the steps required to solar panel construction.

I am not exactly sure about how precise the data given there iz. If some guys over here who had experience with these works can have a look and give your feedback in the page it would be grand and I would really treasure it, because I extremely passion [URL=http://apennootje.blogwogin.com/2009/11/10/solar-panel-construction-at-home]solar panel construction[/URL].

Tnx for reading this. You guys rock.